READING CAN MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL

Reading can enhance your life. Studies show that the most successful people are the ones who read. We can learn a lot by picking up a magazine, a book, or a newspaper. I think it's great to be able to talk to others about what you read, too. Reading promotes conversation, intelligence, and knowledge. So, what are you waiting for?

I think everyone has a story to tell, and we should. For many years, I got away from writing fiction, but I have had a great time writing my first novel as an adult. Changing real-life situations into fiction helps heal the heart.

What can I say about Life? Mine has been tough at times, but I'm grateful that God has given me mercy, grace, and love. I love my life and the family I've been blessed with.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Getting Excited Again!

So, today I went through my handwritten notes I wrote when I was talking on the phone to Michelle. And I typed them. Yes, perfectionist at work! Actually, I typed them so I could remember everything she said. My writing was so "hodge-podge," and I needed to organize it. So, I did. I became excited again as I read through what she told me! The possibility my book could be on bookshelves sometime this year really just makes me want to cry. I have wanted this for so long, but there have been times I have been discouraged and quit dreaming. Fortunately, I think I'm back to dreaming again, but knowing these dreams really could come true. And after being on the book-launch for Jill Savage's "No More Perfect Moms," and sharing my dreams with the launch team, Jill said she'd be happy to give me some counsel, too. What a blessing that is! So, I would certainly say it's been a good week here for me. I know that not all weeks will be like this, but for now, I'm basking in the excitement and encouragement I've received. It's been good for my soul, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment