READING CAN MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL

Reading can enhance your life. Studies show that the most successful people are the ones who read. We can learn a lot by picking up a magazine, a book, or a newspaper. I think it's great to be able to talk to others about what you read, too. Reading promotes conversation, intelligence, and knowledge. So, what are you waiting for?

I think everyone has a story to tell, and we should. For many years, I got away from writing fiction, but I have had a great time writing my first novel as an adult. Changing real-life situations into fiction helps heal the heart.

What can I say about Life? Mine has been tough at times, but I'm grateful that God has given me mercy, grace, and love. I love my life and the family I've been blessed with.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Learning Something New

My sister-in-law made a scarf for my mother that she raved and raved over. Mom thought I should learn how to make them, so I got in touch with my sister-in-law and found out what kind of yarn she used. I went out and bought it yesterday along with knitting needles, which I have never been able to use. I tried to learn knitting when I was a teenager, but I wasn't coordinated enough to do it.

After going to college full-time for the last two years, and being done since December, I can feel myself feeling anxious. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm so accustomed to learning new things, it's been tough. And even though I started working six weeks ago for a CPA and have learned that system, I guess it wasn't enough for my brain. Or may it's been too much at times.

I thought I needed something to do with my hands that wasn't computer related. So, after I got the last two weeks' mail opened and sorted, and after I washed our sheets, and whatever else (I can't remember), I sat down with those knitting needles and yarn while watching the tutorial on youtube. And I watched it again and again. Finally, after watching a five minute video for over an hour, I thought I figured it out.

Until I let go of the needle, and all my work was ruined. Over and over again. And again.

It was so frustrating! But I persevered, and finally, about four hours later, I had a nice start. I put it away somewhere where no one will touch it, move it, look at it wrong, etc. :-)

The thing is if I don't pick up those needles and yarn again, all I will have is a "nice start." I want to finish that scarf well. It may not be perfect when it's done, but at least I know I can do it.

I think maybe the journey is just as important as the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment