READING CAN MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL

Reading can enhance your life. Studies show that the most successful people are the ones who read. We can learn a lot by picking up a magazine, a book, or a newspaper. I think it's great to be able to talk to others about what you read, too. Reading promotes conversation, intelligence, and knowledge. So, what are you waiting for?

I think everyone has a story to tell, and we should. For many years, I got away from writing fiction, but I have had a great time writing my first novel as an adult. Changing real-life situations into fiction helps heal the heart.

What can I say about Life? Mine has been tough at times, but I'm grateful that God has given me mercy, grace, and love. I love my life and the family I've been blessed with.

Thursday, September 4, 2014

A Day with Mom



I spent yesterday in Oklahoma City with my mother. She drove 3 hours, and I drove 3 hours… one way. While that may seem like it was a long way to go to spend less than 5 hours together, it was worth it to me.

We had lunch at a really nice restaurant called Charleston’s. We had soup, salad, and desert. The key lime pie was the best I have ever eaten. YUM!

And then we made our way to the outlet mall. I had one goal in mind: to find some pants at my favorite clothing store. Jackpot! She must have been good luck for me because I always have trouble finding pants I like.

Then, we had to stop at Braum’s and get her a cooler to take my dad some food from Charleston’s. She forgot to take one with her but had 3 in her garage! That really made me laugh.

On the way to take her back to her car in Edmond, we took what we thought was the wrong exit, but when we circled around and came back at it, we found it was actually the right exit. Oh, well! Again, laughing…

I tried to get out of OKC before the traffic really got bad at 5:00, and I made it out with little stop-and-go. Mom missed her exit when she got back to Wichita and had to take the long way home.

Seems like the theme of the day… LOL!

My phone died on the way back to Texas, and I was sure Mom was worried that she couldn’t get a hold of me. I was pretty sure I let her know my phone was running out of power before we parted, but I hoped so. I called her right when I got home to let her know I was home.

A whole day of my vacation had passed by, and I spent many hours of it in the car. By the time I got home, my whole body hurt from driving, being in a crosswind and white-knuckling the steering wheel all the way home.

But I had a great time with my mom. It was definitely worth it, and I’m so glad it worked out.

Take the opportunity to spend time with the people you love. You won’t regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment