READING CAN MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL

Reading can enhance your life. Studies show that the most successful people are the ones who read. We can learn a lot by picking up a magazine, a book, or a newspaper. I think it's great to be able to talk to others about what you read, too. Reading promotes conversation, intelligence, and knowledge. So, what are you waiting for?

I think everyone has a story to tell, and we should. For many years, I got away from writing fiction, but I have had a great time writing my first novel as an adult. Changing real-life situations into fiction helps heal the heart.

What can I say about Life? Mine has been tough at times, but I'm grateful that God has given me mercy, grace, and love. I love my life and the family I've been blessed with.

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Take Pictures, For Goodness Sakes!



One of Jim’s former students, who is now in his 30s (unbelievable!), helped organize a fundraiser in Kansas City for Halloween. Jim told me last year that we were going this year… no matter what! So in the midst of all that was going on here, we arranged for a friend to stay with the kids, made some plans, paid for our tickets, and we were off.

I am ashamed to admit that I only took 3 pictures. I can’t believe it! Jim took some at the costume party and of us dressed as pirates, ARG, but I missed out taking pictures of some of my favorite people.

We went to the party on Halloween night, met good friends for lunch, drove around the town we lived for 9 years… We moved to AR 8 years ago already. We sat outside of our old house we lived in for 6 years and reminisced a little about the memories. Good times.

We surprised some other good friends and went to see a friend who is like a mother to us. Her family adopted us into theirs when we met at church in 1998, and she affectionately became “Grandma” Barb. They spent holidays with us when their kids were at the in-laws. Her husband, “Grandpa” Bill, passed into eternity a year ago, and we had not seen each other for several years. We only had an hour together, but we made it great.







We went to a church that our friend started in Independence. It was so exciting to see what God is doing through him and his family.

And then we went to my brother’s house. Even then, we didn’t take any pictures of my beautiful niece and sweet little nephews. I can’t believe it!

Last Sunday, we left Kansas City, had lunch in Wichita with my parents and sister and her family, and we were back home in Texas before 8pm. A whirlwind trip of 3 days and 1100 miles. It has taken the whole week for me to feel human again.

But, oh, what a trip it was… even if there isn’t much visual evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment