READING CAN MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL

Reading can enhance your life. Studies show that the most successful people are the ones who read. We can learn a lot by picking up a magazine, a book, or a newspaper. I think it's great to be able to talk to others about what you read, too. Reading promotes conversation, intelligence, and knowledge. So, what are you waiting for?

I think everyone has a story to tell, and we should. For many years, I got away from writing fiction, but I have had a great time writing my first novel as an adult. Changing real-life situations into fiction helps heal the heart.

What can I say about Life? Mine has been tough at times, but I'm grateful that God has given me mercy, grace, and love. I love my life and the family I've been blessed with.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"No More Perfect Moms" Book Review

I finished the book! As with any ending, it was sad and exhilarating at the same time. I would certainly recommend buying this book when you can. If you purchase from February 4th - 9th, there will be a great promotion going on!

I have placed my review for the book on three sites, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and Christian Book. Here it is:


"As a mom of five boys, I’m always looking for resources on raising kids. I love to read, and I have all kinds of books on kids and marriage. Even though they are wonderful, what I really need is something to help me, personally, as a woman.

Jill Savage’s new book, “No More Perfect Moms – Learning to Love Your Real Life” is just the “medicine” for mothers who feel that they “have to be” perfect and might be discouraged when they aren’t. Jill is a mother, herself, so she has experience, and that even makes the ideas in this book more authentic and beneficial to the reader. She encourages the reader to step away from trying to be perfect, and step towards being real. She addresses many subjects where we tend to expect perfectionism; our bodies, marriages, kids, homes, homemaking, and everyday life.

This is an awesome book! It reminded me that, in expecting perfection from myself, I also expected it from other people (my family included), and that places expectations on others they just cannot live up to. Savage ties it all together with a chapter about our perfect God, and a great appendix on “Where to Find Help When Feeling…”

I would certainly recommend this book to any and every woman. I think it’s great to read alone, and it would also be excellent as part of a book club, or Bible study group. It’s helped me look at things differently, and has been very inspiring and positive."

Being on the launch team, I was given an autographed copy of the book, and it's so awesome that Jill took the time to sign them all, to personalize them for each of us. Even though I read the book online, I still plan on sitting down with the hard copy in my hands and reading it again.  

Jill Savage is the real deal! I would encourage you to go over to her website at: http://www.hearts-at-home.org. You will find encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment