READING CAN MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL

Reading can enhance your life. Studies show that the most successful people are the ones who read. We can learn a lot by picking up a magazine, a book, or a newspaper. I think it's great to be able to talk to others about what you read, too. Reading promotes conversation, intelligence, and knowledge. So, what are you waiting for?

I think everyone has a story to tell, and we should. For many years, I got away from writing fiction, but I have had a great time writing my first novel as an adult. Changing real-life situations into fiction helps heal the heart.

What can I say about Life? Mine has been tough at times, but I'm grateful that God has given me mercy, grace, and love. I love my life and the family I've been blessed with.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Being a Little Girl Again





I am a 47 year-old woman. I even have children of my own. But why do I feel like a little girl again each time I see my parents?


It’s odd, but there is something comforting about seeing them. Even though I’ve been out of their house since I was 18 years old. Even though I’ve been married almost 22 years. When they are here, I feel reassured somehow.

My parents visited us for just a couple of days last week, and everyone looked forward to seeing them. I just saw them in May when I went to their house by myself. But they haven’t seen Jim and the kids since Thanksgiving, and that’s a long time.

We played games, saw The Lone Ranger, went shopping, and watched fireworks. Before we knew it, the time was up, and it was time for them to head back home again. Mom even started to cry a little, which was a good sign that we hadn’t driven them crazy yet. And I wasn’t ready for them to leave, which was the same good sign.

Life seems to speed up the older we are. I find it hard to believe they are 70. 70! To me, they will never be old… even though gray hair finds its way to their heads… even though they have a few more wrinkles, need more sleep, and get tired more than they used to.

I will always be their girl, and it is hard to say goodbye.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment