READING CAN MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL

Reading can enhance your life. Studies show that the most successful people are the ones who read. We can learn a lot by picking up a magazine, a book, or a newspaper. I think it's great to be able to talk to others about what you read, too. Reading promotes conversation, intelligence, and knowledge. So, what are you waiting for?

I think everyone has a story to tell, and we should. For many years, I got away from writing fiction, but I have had a great time writing my first novel as an adult. Changing real-life situations into fiction helps heal the heart.

What can I say about Life? Mine has been tough at times, but I'm grateful that God has given me mercy, grace, and love. I love my life and the family I've been blessed with.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Seasons Change



It’s the last weekend before school starts again.

Every year, I have mixed feelings about this weekend. In one way, I know I’m going to miss my kids as they go off to their own lives for the school year. For the summer, they are usually “ours.” Yes, they may see their friends occasionally, but for the most part, they hang out with us. And I have to say this summer was the best summer we have had for many years. I didn’t have a job until three weeks ago, and since Jim is a teacher and off for the summer, we all stayed at the house together.

We started summer break by attempting to read the same book as a family, but that fizzled out when people started planning other things on our “normal” get-together night. So we lost momentum.

We had a chore chart so no one felt like he/she was doing the proverbial “everything.” And for the most part, it worked out pretty well for a few weeks. I think everyone is over it now.

We hung out in our living room and played video games, computer games, and chatted with our friends on social media. We watched the X-Files (beginning with the fourth season and almost through the sixth), Duck Dynasty, Bulloch Family Ranch, old Judging Amy episodes, Under the Dome, Wipeout. We’ve celebrated three family birthdays (Caleb, Jim and me), our 22nd wedding anniversary, and Noah getting a job (oh, and me, too).

And all this time, we’ve loved and argued and cried and laughed together.

After writing this, I actually find I’m not too glad about school starting up again because I like it when my kids are just mine. I know one day I will have to let them go out into the world, and they will live their lives away from our house… but for now, they can still be our little boys for a little while longer.
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No matter what happens in the future, I know they will always be my boys. And I really hope they can look back on their summers with Mom, Dad and their brothers and say they had a good time. You see, I don't think it's about money or possessions, but about time spent with the ones you love.

They're growing up way too fast. 

It’s my turn in Wii bowling, so I have to go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment