READING CAN MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL

Reading can enhance your life. Studies show that the most successful people are the ones who read. We can learn a lot by picking up a magazine, a book, or a newspaper. I think it's great to be able to talk to others about what you read, too. Reading promotes conversation, intelligence, and knowledge. So, what are you waiting for?

I think everyone has a story to tell, and we should. For many years, I got away from writing fiction, but I have had a great time writing my first novel as an adult. Changing real-life situations into fiction helps heal the heart.

What can I say about Life? Mine has been tough at times, but I'm grateful that God has given me mercy, grace, and love. I love my life and the family I've been blessed with.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Great Weekend is Like a Breath of Fresh Air



My husband and I have had the best weekend.

Our 17 year-old-soon-to-be-18-year-old son asked if we would like to go with him and his girlfriend to see Winter’s Tale for Valentine’s Day. Of course, he doesn’t have a car and can’t drive… But we, of course, said yes. And his 19 year-old brother and his girlfriend went, too.

We had a wonderful time hanging out with these young men and their dates. 

 

We went to the early movie, and Jonah mentioned that Quik Trip would be a good place to get something to eat. So, there you go. Meanwhile, I was sitting in the Flex watching a full orange/red moon come up while Jim was putting the gas in.

 

The kids were like, "Ah, another picture????"
 

 (And the movie was fantastic, so go see it!)


 

My boys weren’t embarrassed to spend the night with their parents. And neither were their girls.

Isn’t that great?


We didn’t even get home until after midnight. Mom and Dad were a little exhausted, but it was definitely worth it.

Yesterday, we went to lunch with our friends. They only live an hour away, so we try to meet in the middle. Unfortunately, it’s been over a year since we’ve actually gone to lunch or dinner together! Time goes by in the blink of an eye, and that’s the only excuse I have.

Last night, Jim and I went to see Ragamuffin – The Rich Mullins film. It was very thought-provoking, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who has heard of him or listened to any of Rich Mullins’ music. I don’t want to spoil it for anyone, but there are some elements that will pierce your soul (if you have one!).

I’ve had my share of rotten Valentine’s Days, but this one was very nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment