READING CAN MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL

Reading can enhance your life. Studies show that the most successful people are the ones who read. We can learn a lot by picking up a magazine, a book, or a newspaper. I think it's great to be able to talk to others about what you read, too. Reading promotes conversation, intelligence, and knowledge. So, what are you waiting for?

I think everyone has a story to tell, and we should. For many years, I got away from writing fiction, but I have had a great time writing my first novel as an adult. Changing real-life situations into fiction helps heal the heart.

What can I say about Life? Mine has been tough at times, but I'm grateful that God has given me mercy, grace, and love. I love my life and the family I've been blessed with.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

What Day is It, Anyway?



We’re meeting ourselves coming and going.

Right now, I’m so tired, and I just want to go to bed.

It’s only 7:54 p.m.

I’m finding myself worn out, tired, exhausted.

Mentally.

Physically.

Emotionally.

I haven’t forgotten about writing, but I haven’t done it, either. It seems that I’m more worn out than usual, and I haven’t taken the time to sit down and write about my life.

I will say this, though.

It’s tough when you receive bad news regarding the health of your parents. And it’s even harder when it’s not-so-good news about more than one of your parents. And when your kids struggle, it adds to the mix.

And there’s other reasons I’m feeling defeated, but I’m not going to let those out just yet.

Let’s just say that this week, I’m going to be singing, “My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus love and righteousness…” (I know it’s "Jesus blood and righteousness," but for this week, it’s His love.)

So if you think about me, please pray for my family, especially my extended family. I know God hears those prayers, and I appreciate you holding us up.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christy -- I am Mel Roberts, Jill Savage's assistant. I have been trying to connect with you regarding the No More Perfect Kids Launch Group. Sorry to invade your blog, but if you could email me at mroberts@heartsathome.org I can send you more information. I sent an email several week ago but we are finding it went to people's junk mail. Or you can visit the No More Perfect Kids Launch Group Facebook page also.

    ReplyDelete