READING CAN MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL

Reading can enhance your life. Studies show that the most successful people are the ones who read. We can learn a lot by picking up a magazine, a book, or a newspaper. I think it's great to be able to talk to others about what you read, too. Reading promotes conversation, intelligence, and knowledge. So, what are you waiting for?

I think everyone has a story to tell, and we should. For many years, I got away from writing fiction, but I have had a great time writing my first novel as an adult. Changing real-life situations into fiction helps heal the heart.

What can I say about Life? Mine has been tough at times, but I'm grateful that God has given me mercy, grace, and love. I love my life and the family I've been blessed with.

Friday, November 1, 2013

Let Them Be Kids



Halloween…

Not my favorite day, but my kids make it enjoyable. Every year, they come up with some great costume ideas, and I love that!

In 2005, the kids wanted to go as Star Wars characters, and we had certain things, but Jim finished off the costumes in a perfect way. He made them out of painted cardboard. The only problem was they didn’t bend… So walking up stairs and bending their legs was a little tough.


I have heard some people say that teenagers are too old for trick-or-treating, but I have to ask this… WHY?

We expect these kids to grow up way too fast, and what’s wrong with letting them be kids for a night? What’s wrong with them having a little bit of fun and forgetting their responsibilities for the evening?

I don’t know if some adults remember being that age.

My kids loved wearing costumes at home, too!
 

Let kids be kids as long as they can. Let them use their imaginations and walk through neighborhoods and eat candy and laugh. 



And this is my husband when he was a Theatre Manager... He was in his 20s!
 
 

These are some of the very best moments in life. We should enjoy them!

 
 

 






Honestly, don't we all dress up in costumes as adults, too? School choir concerts, weddings, church, dates, going to work...


Homecoming!


Being a grown-up comes way too soon. I will always pass out candy to those who dare to dress up in costumes and come to our house on Halloween.

(Except I will not give candy to a creepy man who hid in the corner of my porch until I opened the door. Then came towards me in a threatening manner until I could get back inside - I think his kid was one of the trick-or-treaters... But his scary mask and demeanor scared me to death.)

No comments:

Post a Comment