READING CAN MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL

Reading can enhance your life. Studies show that the most successful people are the ones who read. We can learn a lot by picking up a magazine, a book, or a newspaper. I think it's great to be able to talk to others about what you read, too. Reading promotes conversation, intelligence, and knowledge. So, what are you waiting for?

I think everyone has a story to tell, and we should. For many years, I got away from writing fiction, but I have had a great time writing my first novel as an adult. Changing real-life situations into fiction helps heal the heart.

What can I say about Life? Mine has been tough at times, but I'm grateful that God has given me mercy, grace, and love. I love my life and the family I've been blessed with.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Will I Get a Second Chance?



What comes to mind when you hear the phrase, “Second Chance?”

Many things come to my mind when I think of that phrase…

I think of many people I know who were married, and something devastating happened. Their marriages broke up, and they were brokenhearted… And then…

Her husband moved to another state one day and in with a woman he had been carrying on with outside his marriage. She was so heartbroken, and so were his little girls! A man came along whose wife had passed away, and he was perfect for her, and she was perfect for him. Her girls were adopted by him, and the past is getting further and further away. They are sharing a most wonderful love story.

In another case, this lady had stepped out of their marriage because he was untrustworthy with money, and not the strong man she needed. A man came along who started taking care of her. They got married and have a real life together. And they have a little boy who is just darling.

A young mother who fell in love at age 16 and had a baby girl. The guy kept stringing her along, breaking her heart over and over again. A man came along who loves her and her little girl, and they got married this summer. Their story is sweet and real.

And a girl who loved a boy so much… But he left her before their third baby was born, a little baby girl. And he also left their two little boys behind. She gave him many chances, but she couldn’t do it anymore. A man showed up and fell in love with this girl and her babies and is now married to her, pledging to be with her forever, taking care of her and her children.

And then there’s my story. Being married the first time to someone who hated me but wouldn’t let me go. And then a man showed up who had problems of his own, and we’ve worked together for over 22 years to overcome the heartache and pain we had before each other… and after. We have five sons, beautiful kids who love their mom and dad. Kids who wouldn’t be here if their parents would have given up on each other.

There are so many stories like these, real people who are blessed with second chances at love and life. I can’t even remember all of them, or even write them all down. But I believe with my whole heart that God has written ALL of them. And as He orchestrates the events of our lives, even though we might fight against “the plan,” somehow things always seem to come back around.

And we get second chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment