READING CAN MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL

Reading can enhance your life. Studies show that the most successful people are the ones who read. We can learn a lot by picking up a magazine, a book, or a newspaper. I think it's great to be able to talk to others about what you read, too. Reading promotes conversation, intelligence, and knowledge. So, what are you waiting for?

I think everyone has a story to tell, and we should. For many years, I got away from writing fiction, but I have had a great time writing my first novel as an adult. Changing real-life situations into fiction helps heal the heart.

What can I say about Life? Mine has been tough at times, but I'm grateful that God has given me mercy, grace, and love. I love my life and the family I've been blessed with.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sitting in a Franklin, TN Coffee Shop



Last weekend was the KLOVE Fan Awards in Nashville.

For months, I tried to figure out some way I could rationalize spending money (I didn’t have) to go to Nashville and see all my favorite music-makers. Over the last 20+ years of listening to Christian music, I feel they are my friends. I wasn’t able to go, but I did vote for my favorites.

Fortunately, KLOVE broadcasted live from Nashville, and I was able to listen to some of the festivities. There was one picture I saw the next day, though, that particularly caught my eye. It’s located on the Matthew West Facebook fan page:


It’s Matthew West and Steven Curtis Chapman, together! I just couldn’t believe it. Those guys have been so instrumental in my Christian life, and there they were.

All this did was make me relive my dream of moving to the Nashville area after I become a famous author. My husband, who also writes, and I will hang out in coffee shops in the Franklin area (where I think my favorite artists like Francesca Battistelli, Natalie Grant, Matthew West, and Steven Curtis Chapman hang out). We can get to know them, hang out with them and have dinner, and maybe, if we’re lucky, we can tell them how much we appreciate their impact in our lives.

Ah, life is what dreams are made of!

So, I’m going to share some of my favorite songs by my favorite artists. You can click the links and hear them for yourself.

And maybe, someday, you will see me and my husband sitting in a coffee shop sharing a meal with Matthew and/or Steven.

It COULD happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment