READING CAN MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL

Reading can enhance your life. Studies show that the most successful people are the ones who read. We can learn a lot by picking up a magazine, a book, or a newspaper. I think it's great to be able to talk to others about what you read, too. Reading promotes conversation, intelligence, and knowledge. So, what are you waiting for?

I think everyone has a story to tell, and we should. For many years, I got away from writing fiction, but I have had a great time writing my first novel as an adult. Changing real-life situations into fiction helps heal the heart.

What can I say about Life? Mine has been tough at times, but I'm grateful that God has given me mercy, grace, and love. I love my life and the family I've been blessed with.

Monday, June 24, 2013

You're Never Too Old for Toy Story



“Let’s watch ‘Toy Story!’”

“It’s already 8:00 at night. How about a different day?”

“Okay.”

The next day at 9:00 p.m.

“Hey, let’s watch ‘Toy Story!’”

“Don’t you think it’s a little late for that? Why don’t you ask during the daytime?”

“Okay.”

So, a couple of days later, Jesse asked about the movie during the day, to which I agreed. He started off lying right in the middle of the floor in front of the TV. The next thing I knew, he was in his room doing something. When I looked up again, he had lots of friends with him, each dressed in a special outfit. It was hard not to cry.

My son is 13 years old, and he has proven that, even though he’s all-boy, loves video games, basketball, and going places with his friends, he’s not too old for watching “Toy Story.” And that makes me happy.

For it seems like life is going by so quickly, and it was just yesterday that he and his twin brother were born. Now they are 13, and they have friends who are girls and have been caught up in middle school drama. They go to school dances, talk on the phone, and chat on Skype.

But every now and then, there is this passing glimpse of the little boys who always talked about “Lellow” (Woody) and “Lee” (Buzz). I’m glad they still love the movie and the characters. I’m thankful that Jesse still has his Woody doll, and he watched the movie with Jesse that day. There is still a softness to his heart that I appreciate and hope he always keeps.

We had a good time that day. It’s a good thing we only got through numbers 1 and 2. If I would have been subject to watching number 3, I might have cried… more than I did.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment